1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are data in the form of a text file that are stored in your electronic device (desktop,tablet,mobile) by your web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer etc), when you visit webpages. The website https://www.musicworks.gr uses also cookies.
Cookies collect various statistics anonymously, such as the unique connection id of your device, the pages you visit, how long you stay in them etc. By tracking down your visit and behavior while you visit a website, the browsing experience improves, because the browser remembers your preferences and you see personalized content.
The cookies used by the website https://www.musicworks.gr are absolutely safe for your device and your files.
2. Categories of the Cookies we use
a) Session Cookies
The session cookies are stored in your device when you visit “https://www.musicworks.gr” and they are deleted when you leave it. When you visit this website , we use 2 session cookies:
- Name: [pll_language]. This is is a wordpress plugin cookie that detects the browser language in order to display the content in the proper language for you.
- Name: [_gat] . This is a Google Analytics cookie that collects statistical data for Google. It belongs to the “Third-party cookies” that are described below.
b) Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies remain stored in your browser’s history folder even after the browser closes. The lifetime of their storage varies from 1 day to 2 years, unless they are manually deleted by the user. Persistent cookies are used to remember the user’s preferences and make it more effective and fast to navigate. At https://www.musicworks.gr, we use the following persistent cookies:
- Name: [cookie_notice_accepted]. This is a wordpress add-on cookie that records your preferences for installing cookies or not. It has a 90 day life span.
- Name: [_gid]. This is a Google Analytics cookies with a 24 hour life span. It belongs to the third-party cookies that are described below.
- Name: [_ga]. This is a Google Analytics cookies with a 2 year life span. It belongs to the third-party cookies that are described below.
c) Third Party Cookies
3. Manage and delete cookies
Most of the web browsers allow you to manage saved cookies. This is implemented in browser settings (or options). You can customize the settings to alert you when cookies are to be installed and you can accept or refuse to install them. You can also delete all cookies stored in your device or select which ones to delete.
Disallowing a cookie installation during your visit to https://www.musicworks.gr does not affect access to and free navigation on its web pages. It may, however, prevent the full functionality of your visit to these websites.